Executive Administrative Assistant - Investments Department
West Des Moines
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for providing assistance to the Chief Investment Officer in various capacities: calendar management, correspondence, reports, research, travel, meeting planning, liaison, and interaction with internal and external customers. Assist with some Commercial
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares calendar appointments; updates calendar and reviews with the Chief Investment Officer. Provides any materials needed for appointments.
• Miscellaneous administrative duties assigned.
• Prepares for daily responsibilities; reviews emails, mail, and any new assignments, reassesses work and assigns priorities.
• Reviews and process emails of the Chief Investment Officer; either handle or delegates as deems necessary.
• Processes request by the Chief Investment Officer.
• Answers telephone calls.
• File maintenance (create, maintain, inventory).
• Pre-planning for future events.
• Preps and creates all PowerPoint presentations for meetings.
• Gathers and organizes data for meetings and presentations.
• Plans and organizes Annual Broker Golf Outing
• Creates Excel spreadsheets to analyze data, as needed.
• Completes expense reports for entire Investments Department
• Handles all invoices for Investments Department.
• Updates all Annual Compliance Certifications from various sources
• Maintains all compliance documents for Life, Eagle, Holding Co., and Commercial Real Estate.
• Maintains all contracts for various applications and services (Bloomberg, Morningstar, etc.)
• Handles all outside vendor relationships and requests
• Records minutes of various meetings.
• Compiles and prepares internal and external reports.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Position will have one direct report.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and 2 or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively in small group settings.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
None required for this position.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
• Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Position requires the ability to work well under pressure and to effectively deal with difficult and possibly adversarial situations. Need ability to maintain professional composure.
• Requires daily multi-tasking – some days pressure-filled - some days normal multi-tasking.
• Position requires professionalism and the ability to interact with all levels within the company and outside the company. Experience at the corporate level or poised professionalism necessary.